When the leaves start to turn green, and the tulips start to pop up, I know it’s time to switch from the deep colors of Fall and Winter to the fun, bright colors of Spring. It just feels good to buy a new pink lipgloss or a shimmery blush. Of course, I went to the makeup experts at Aillea Beauty to find out what’s new for Summer and here is what they told me:
- Rose Gold is the color of the moment. Items like RMS new Master Mixer is a rose gold wonder that can act as a blush/highlighter. You can also mix it with any lip or shadow color to give it a pop and lighten winter’s darker colors to brighter spring shades.
- Spring is all about a fresh face. The key to that is dewy/healthy skin.
- Use cream products vs. powders. Ilia multi sticks and illuminators are great for the spring trends.
- Keep your skin hydrated. Even (especially) if you are trying to treat a breakout. Drying out your skin can irritate it more and cause additional breakouts. Instead, keep your skin hydrated and balanced with some amazing Suki facial oils.
- Pinks and Coral shadows and shimmer eyes.
- pinks, corals and light copper colors were all over the runways for spring 2016. They are a great pop to a natural look. I recommend checking out Pink Champagne from Lily Lolo!
Below is a slide show from my Spring Makeover brunch at Aillea. It was such a great way to spend a Sunday morning with friends!